1. Copyright Statement. The Site and all materials posted on the Site are subject to copyrights owned by UIA and other individuals or entities. Any reproduction, retransmission, or republication of all or part of the Site or any material found on the Site is expressly prohibited, unless UIA or the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.
3. Not Legal Advice. The material contained on the Site, and any attached or referenced pages, has been written or accumulated by UIA for informational purposes only. The information on the Site is not intended to be and is not considered to be legal advice. Legal advice of any nature should be sought from qualified legal counsel.
4. Links. While the Site includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, UIA makes no representations or warranties whatsoever and takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on these sites or the products or services offered through these sites. Furthermore, UIA does not exert any editorial or other control over these sites. All such links provided on the Site are intended solely for the convenience of users of the Site and do not represent any endorsement, advertisement, or sponsorship of these sites or any products or services offered through such sites. Your linking to any of these sites is at Your own risk.
6. Disclaimers of Warranties.
While UIA uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, UIA makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Furthermore, UIA does not represent or warrant that the Site service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software, or other material available on or accessible through the Site is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful components that may infect Your computer equipment or other property on account of Your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or Your downloading of any materials, data text, images, video, or audio from the Site. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at Your risk. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to You on an “AS IS” and “AS Available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, noninfringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to You. Check Your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
7. Limitation of Damages. under no circumstances, including negligence, shall UIA be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the site, including, without limitation, use of or reliance on information available on the site, services or merchandise provided on or accessible through the site, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other harmful components that may infect your computer equipment or other property, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, nondelivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
9. Termination and Suspension. UIA reserves the exclusive right at any time, with or without notice, to amend, limit, modify, suspend, or terminate the Site. UIA may also delete or prevent access to or use of all related information and files. UIA will not be liable to You or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the Site, or the loss of related information.
11. Corporate Memberships: UIA Medallion Corporate members agree to abide by all UIA guidelines for proper interaction with the inventor community – to include, but not limited to:
a) Full disclosure of all fees and services before entering into contracts with UIA members
b)Where applicable, compliance with the Inventor Protection Act of 1999 c) Reasonable attempts to settle conflicts with UIA members that result from disagreements over services or fees.
d)Setting the example for ethical business practices when dealing with UIA members e) Support of the UIA Inventor Education Mission though advice, guidance, and volunteerism.
The inventing industry relies on the kindness and give-back attitude of it’s members. Your support of the inventor community is vital to the expression of creativity and ingenuity that has and will continue to make America great – Thank You for that support.
12. Individual Inventor Memberships:
As a 501(c)3 Federally registered non-profit educational Foundation, the UIA represents Individual inventors involved in independent inventing activities. As such, use of the UIA web site through your registration on the site serves as FREE enrolment in the UIA membership program as an independent inventor.
All UIA independent inventor members are required to support the inventing industry through positive interactions with outside organizations, active participation in inventor education, and support of other inventors.
Membership in the UIA is at the discretion of the UIA and may be revoked at any time for any reason without notice.
13. Inventor Club Memberships: As a 501(c)3 Federally registered non-profit educational Foundation, the UIA represents Individual inventors involved in independent inventing clubs across the United States. As such, use of the UIA web site through your registration as an inventor club serves as FREE enrolment in the UIA Inventor Clubs Across America program as an independent inventor club.
All UIA independent inventor clubs are required to support the inventing industry through positive interactions with outside organizations, active participation in inventor education, and support of other inventors. Additionally, each club is required to be not for profit in its structure and rely on local fundraising and dues as its main form of fiscal support. Membership in the UIA Inventor Clubs Across America program is at the discretion of the UIA and may be revoked at any time for any reason without notice.
For additional information about these terms and conditions contact the UIA at firstname.lastname@example.org